Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hylunia Product Review

I recently had the opportunity to review natural and organic skincare products created by Hylunia. The product I received was the Dry/Sun-Damaged Skin Travel Kit, which comes with:
  • Facial Cleansing Lotion with hyaluronic acid
  • (toner)
  • (for daytime use)
  • (for nighttime use)
  • (to help even out skin tone)

 The Skincare Ritual

Every morning and evening, I washed my face with the Facial Cleansing Lotion. Unlike other cleansers, this one does not contain soap, so it does not foam. What I liked the best about this product is that it did not dry out my skin or make it feel tight. 

I followed the cleansing lotion with the Colloidal Silver toner, which helps kill excess bacteria on my face. The colloidal silver helps prevent breakouts and the lavender floral water gives the toner a nice, fresh scent. 

If I washed my face in the morning, I applied the Super Moisturizing Facial Day Lotion all over my face and neck. At night, I used the Ultimate Anti-Oxidant Treatment. The lotions did not feel greasy at all and my face always felt well balanced. 

I followed up either lotion with the Beyond Complex C cream, which I applied to my under-eye circles, fine lines and scars. 

The Verdict After Four Weeks of Use

The Hylunia skincare products are great, especially if you have sensitive skin. The product I liked the best was the Beyond Complex C because I noticed immediate results--part of one of the dark circles under one of my eyes was lighter after the first application. After a few weeks of using the Beyond Complex C cream, my concealer use dramatically decreased! If you're going to splurge on beauty products, this cream is a good investment.

I did not notice, however, any difference in any of the fine lines on my face or any accelerated fading of scars. The daytime and nighttime lotions were not perfumed (this isn't a bad thing necessarily), so they smelled a bit like vitamins. Since the kit I received is for dry or sun-damaged skin, I found it a bit odd that the daytime cream did not have an SPF component to it.

I received complimentary products from Hylunia in exchange for this review. All the opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that the facial day Lotion has an SPF of 19. It doesn't say this on the lotion container however...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, there's no indication of any SPF on the container or box at all. DOES IT REALLY HAVE ANY SUNBLOCKING
INGREDIENT?

Thank you for any info I can get!

Anonymous said...

haha... They cannot get certified to put SPF number!