Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Jillian Michaels Body Revolution--It Works!

Image from
JillianMichaelsBodyRevolution.com
When Gaiam offered the chance to try out Jillian Michaels Body Revolution, a 90-day workout program, I immediately jumped at the chance. I have a big wedding to attend in the late summer, in Costa Rica, and I want to look good! I finish the program one week before the wedding bells ring.

This program offers:
  • Three-phase exercise system: You get a total of 15 DVDs -- three of the DVDs are the cardio components for each phase, and each phase has four DVDs that offer metabolic training
  • Customizable 90-day meal plan with recipes designed to help you burn fat, plus a seven-day "Kick Start Your Metabolism" plan for the first week
  • Resistance band
  • Combined food diary and workout tracker

My Take on the Program

I have to start off with a warning: Do not start this program if you are not serious about working hard and losing weight. Body Revolution is not for the meek. From Day 1, Jillian kicks your butt and pushes you to be strong. You can't be afraid to be sore, out of breath or sweaty...every day. This program is exactly what I needed.

My favorite thing about Body Revolution is that I am never bored. While I play each cardio workout 16 times (two times a week for four weeks), I only play each individual workout DVD four times (twice a week for two weeks). The workouts get progressively more difficult every two weeks, so your muscles never get bored. Furthermore, the longest a workout ever runs is 35 minutes. Everyone has 30 to 35 minutes to spare every day.

Right now, I am half-way through the Body Revolution program. I've lost 10 pounds and am discovering muscles I never knew I had. My arms are visibly toned, as are my calves and thighs. I am even seeing a bit of definition in my abs! My lungs take a beating every time I exercise, but they are stronger now compared to the day I started the program.

Do I recommend this program? Definitely! The money that you spend on it is a priceless investment in yourself and your health if you are willing to do the work.

Here's a video about Jillian Michaels Body Revolution (a little over 4 minutes):

This is an infomercial about the program (over 14 minutes):


Remember that "success story" results are generally not typical. The amount of weight that you will loose depends on your current health status, weight and eating habits. For example, I am loosing weight slower than a normal person would because of my hypo-thyroid (I had my thyroid removed several years ago), but my muscles are showing the results and progress. If you are not sure if this program is right for you, talk to your doctor.

I received the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program in exchange for my review, courtesy of Gaiam. All opinions and views expressed are 100% mine.

No comments: