Saturday, September 13, 2008

Blackhead Buster


After years of buying different products, I have found a simple solution to ridding myself of unsightly blackheads: Noxema. Yup, I mean that cream stuff in the blue jar.





Here is what to do:
  • Give your face a steam bath: stick your face in the steam of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Be careful to not burn yourself. I like to get my electric hotpot going to do this.
  • Pour the boiling water over a towel, get it really wet. Let the towel drain in the sink.
  • Slather the Noxema all over your face or just your problem areas.
  • Wring the towel out and find a comfortable place to sit or lay down.
  • Put the warm towel over your face for about 10 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water.
  • Finish this facial by using an exfoliator on your face to get rid of dead skin cells. Ahava Ahava is an amazing brand for this.


If you are pressed for time, which I often am, I slather the Noxema on my face before getting in the shower. I then do all my normal shower things (shampoo, conditioner, soap up, etc.) and then rinse the Noxema off at the very end.

The deep cleanser in Noxema rids the pores of all the dirt and bacteria in them. It works like a charm. I do this treatment about once a week, but would not do it more than 2-3 times a week.

No comments: